About Julie

My photo
Medford, NJ, United States
Julie Basello-Holt, a city girl originally from New York City, is the owner of True Story Photography in Medford, NJ...she is currently surviving quite nicely in the suburbs (for now).

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wish Upon....

I got a nice surprise yesterday.

An artist that I know, whose work I really like, stopped by while I was out to ask about some store displays. She also left me a little gift. I ran into her as she was leaving and I was coming back in to the gallery and she let me know about it.

As soon as I got up to my desk I checked out the cute package and proceeded to open my little gift. Now I am no fool-when you know a lot of artists and one of them says she brought you a little gift, you know it is going to be something good. Artists don't give bad gifts, especially if the gift is something they made, which this little goody was.

She said she appreciated all that I have done for the arts in Medford and this was just a little "thanks" for the generosity of my time and energy over the years. I was incredibly surprised and so honored that she not only took the time to tell me such kind words, but that she gave me such an awesome gift, straight from the heart. It was completely unnecessary but greatly appreciated. Like I said, I am no fool :)

Thank you very much, Amy! I hope lots of people visit your site when they see my WISH UPON necklace...

To view more of Amy Iversen's Work, check out her company etsy page:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/1500degreesArtwear?ref=search_shop_redirect

2 comments:

  1. You're so welcome, Julie! Thanks for all your kind and patient advice and encouraging words. All of that meant a lot to me. Wish upon - your dreams and they will come true with hard work and persistence!! Wishing you the best of luck with your new venture. I know we'll keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete