About Julie

My photo
Medford, NJ, United States
Julie Basello-Holt, a city girl originally from New York City, is the owner of True Story Photography in Medford, NJ...she is currently surviving quite nicely in the suburbs (for now).

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creativity...

I just looked at the date for my last post and realized I have not posted since October. Yikes!
That is just evidence of the fact that the holiday season kicked my butt, as it does every year. Both businesses are busy and I generally have time for nothing but work, work, work. Fortunately for me, I love both my jobs so it feels okay to do nothing but work. But I have been lax on the blog front for sure...

My resolution for this year is to be more focused on my own creative projects and not just the work-related ones. The folks who don't work every day in a creative field tend to forget that when you do, it is really challenging to fit your own fun and creative endeavors in to the mix. No complaints, mind you, but your view of your own creative fun changes when you have deadlines to meet and your bill paying depends upon your creativity too.

So far it is only Jan 18th, 2012 and I have already learned how to make paper beads (thank you, Jen!) and I have some other shoot ideas for my stepdaughters in the works. And this past Sunday,  I grabbed my trusty assistant Reece, my young friend Ashley and my camera bag and we headed to the shore for some lens testing. We had nothing fancy or overly creative planned, just a Cinderella-themed prom dress, some fishnet stockings and me and my camera. I did have some better ideas but a thermometer reading of 25 degrees tends to put a damper on outdoor playtime when you are working with an unpaid model. So we improvised...

I am not sure how the lens itself fared overall, but I do like some of the pictures from Sunday...here's a peek:

Can't decide which of the above two textured pictures I like better...I love the black and white version but the color seems to have a completely different mood....hmmm...






No comments:

Post a Comment