About Julie

My photo
Medford, NJ, United States
Julie Basello-Holt, a city girl originally from New York City, is the owner of True Story Photography in Medford, NJ...she is currently surviving quite nicely in the suburbs (for now).

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recycling, Upcycling and Art...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am an art person. I enjoy when creative people take used, seemingly useless items and turn them into something unique and interesting. But I also must admit that not everyone has the highest of quality standards when they take an item and turn it into something else. Many of the upcycled art items that you see here and there aren't really anything more than someone's random craft project. In many instances they don't even require a specialized skill. Since I am a big supporter of fine craft, I am always looking for things created with that uniqueness, creativity and zing but also those which utilize a specialized skill that sets them apart from the bunch. I want to see what someone who actually had to practice and hone their craft creates when they work with recycled materials.
I came across a post on Tech News Update that actually showcased exactly what I respect: art created from recycled materials on a completely different level.Here's a peek at what I saw (photos from Tech News Update)


Walk/ Don’t Walk Chair

Bean Blob Chair

Upcycled Tire Messenger Bag

 CD Case Chandelier



Sign Chair





Silver Beer/Soda Can Cuff


Upcycled Floppy Disk Notepad

Bike Chain Bowl



Upcycled Ball Bag

 Soda Glasses

Coin Chair

License Plate Mailbox


 Pen Nib Cuff Links


Recycled Bottle Utensils
Flattened Wine Bottle Platter


Vinyl Album Photo Album

Flip-Flop Nesting Boxes

Hybrid Wall Clock

Telephone Wire Basket

Water Ski Bench

No comments:

Post a Comment