About Julie

My photo
Medford, NJ, United States
Julie Basello-Holt, a city girl originally from New York City, is the owner of True Story Photography in Medford, NJ...she is currently surviving quite nicely in the suburbs (for now).

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adventures in Batsto...

Bench on Batsto Porch
Last week was a rough week...a death in my husband's Chris's family resulted in a stressful and very emotional week. After the funeral on Saturday, I think Chris just needed to rest and wander around aimlessly for a bit. My oldest stepdaughter, Jodi, was over for the weekend so after my morning shoots on Sunday, we headed out for some adventures. First, lunch at Pic-a Lilly (think I spelled that wrong, oh well...). Then out into Wharton State Forest until we reached Batsto Village. Wandered around Batsto for a while before taking a 2 mile hike and then back into the car to head home. Overall a fun day...and got to meet Jodi's new boyfriend, Chris too :)

 The only negative for me on Sunday: feeling very car sick on the way back from Batsto. I knew I should have taken the damn medicine before I left the house but I hate how tired it makes me--I easily get motion sickness..and it is NEVER fun. :(

Here's a peek at our day:


Gotta love my husband, still climbing trees at 51   



















Jodi and her dad
Three of the four adventurers






Batsto Mansion
Random Plant
Being goofy...
Jodi and her dad (again!)
Chris, Jodi and Chris (Jodi's boyfriend)

No comments:

Post a Comment