About Julie

My photo
Medford, NJ, United States
Julie Basello-Holt, a city girl originally from New York City, is the owner of True Story Photography in Medford, NJ...she is currently surviving quite nicely in the suburbs (for now).

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shoe Story

Once upon a time there was a woman who loved shoes...

I know quite a few women who would start off their shoe story exactly that way. It is amazing how a simple thing like a new shoe find can make me smile. Many women understand this while some women would probably say, get a life, Julie. Enough about shoes....

But I can't help it....new styles, new colors and new seasons just make me want more. I am one of those people who never really wears out very many pairs in my shoe collection (probably because I have too many choices). When you don't wear out a pair, it is hard to justify a new one. But somehow I manage to. And there is an art to this (leave it to me to somehow tie art into this little story). The shoes you choose need to be thought out. I have spent too many hours in shoes that hurt to take my choices lightly. I look at a cool design and I have questions: is the sole hard or is there some flexibility? Will the back of the shoe rub my heel in a blistering kind of way? Will I wear that color more than a few times? What will I wear them with? The justification list goes on...

But there are some pairs that go way beyond just something to put on your feet. I love the artistry and the imagination combined with the functionality that goes into a truly creative pair of shoes. Whether it is tooled leather skulls or hearts and arrows inserted into the heel, there are some really creative shoes out there. I can't get them all but a few won't really hurt...

Then there's the male perspective. My husband can own at least four different pairs of work boots, each with a purpose, but he can't seem to understand why I need so many pairs of shoes. He is actually correct in that I don't actually NEED many pairs but I do WANT (and WANT, and WANT...). And I only own one pair of work boots...so there!

Every season, there are new styles to peruse and new finds to covet. Last season, I made the incredible find of a pair of cowboy boots I absolutely love. I still love them, only I just made the recent discovery of the PRICE of said cowboy boots. Let's just say I won't be walking around with a mortgage payment on my feet any time soon. But maybe they'll go on sale or something....there's always hope, right?



My favorite pair of boots ever....oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment